How many Sears outlets are left? There are roughly 20 full-line Sears stores left in the mainland US, two more in Puerto Rico and only about six Kmarts left in the mainland US, along with six more in Puerto Rico, Guam and the Virgin Islands.
Where are the remaining Sears stores located?
- Colorado. Fort Collins (Sears Appliance)
- Florida. Miami – Coral Gables. Orlando. Palm Beach Gardens.
- Hawaii. Honolulu (Appliance & Mattress)
- Kansas. Overland Park (Home & Life)
- Louisiana. Lafayette (Home & Life)
- Maryland. Frederick (Store visit post) Massachusetts.
How many Sears locations still open? It once operated more than 3,500 locations across the U.S. under its namesake Sears brand and Kmart. Roughly 700 are still in business and it hopes to keep a portion open through this holiday season.
Does Sears have a new name? Transform SR Brands LLC (doing business as Transformco, referred to as “New Sears”) is an American privately held company formed on February 11, 2019, to acquire some of the assets of Sears Holdings Corporation. The new company is owned by ESL Investments.